General terms and conditions of sale
Welcome to Doors&Motors! By using the services on Doors&Motors’ websites (doorsandMotors.be and other related websites where these conditions apply), you agree with the following terms.
1. Applications: Our general conditions apply to all our services. They constitute the essential terms of the contract.
Orders are conditional upon acceptance, all contradictory terms and conditions contraires existing on the client’s orders or copies are considered null and void.
2. Offers: Our offers shall be binding for a period of one month after being drawn up unless otherwise stated.
3. Delays: The delivery times shown in our offers are average delivery times. Non-compliance with these time frames may not be a ground for cancellation of the contract or compensation.
Delivery is done without making an appointment, within the deadline announced by the provider. It takes place at the doorstep, with help from the customer if necessary.
We can not be held liable for breach of contract due to the occurrence of an event of force majeure, in particular in case of total or partial strike of postal services, carriers, and disasters caused by floods or fires or traffic difficulties due to weather. As regards to products purchased to meet business needs, we shall not be liable for any indirect damage due to this document, operating loss, loss of profits, damage or expense that might arise. All transportation is provided by the courrier.
4. Deliveries: All goods are intended to be received and approved by our head office where they are available to the buyer.
All shipments are made at the risk of the buyer even if the goods were to be delivered free of charge.
If ANY DAMAGE IS ASCERTAINED, describe the precise reception state on the receipt. The condition of the packaging and of the product(s). The Customer must also confirm these to the carrier by registered mail at the latest within 48 hours of receipt of the item, and send a copy of this letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Customer Service, duly quoting the references given on the delivery note. Note: Checking the status of the product is considered done once the delivery receipt has been signed.
5. Guarantee: We guarantee the goods sold in accordance with the provisions of Article 1641 to 1649 of the Belgian Civil Code. In case of hidden defect, however, it is up to the buyer to prove that we were aware of it during the sale to benefit from the guarantee. In any event, the purchaser shall not be allowed to enforce his potential dispute eight days after the discovery of vice invoked.
6. Retention of ownership: The equipment sold, including all accessories, remain our property until full payment of the price. The buyer may not sell or pledge the equipment and its accessories until complete payment of the price.
7. Installation = Execution = Responsability: By the conclusion of a contract including the installation, the buyer agrees that minor damage may be caused to walls, partitions, ceilings or floors. Premises or areas affected by the work must be emptied by the buyer from any furniture or other objects that may hinder progress. We can in no way be held responsible for damages occurred during the execution of our work to furniture or other objects that have been moved by the buyer.
8. Payment is made on our partners’ secure bank servers “https:”
Cards with one of the following acronyms: Visa, Mastercard. The order will be deemed accepted when the bank’s payment centre has given their consent.
All amounts not paid when due bear an interest rate of 12% per annum as of right and without prior formal notice.
In addition, in the event of late payment, the amounts charged will be increased by 15% as of right and without prior notice in the quality of damages for late payment.
9. Termination of the contract: In case of breach of contract by the buyer, for any reason whatsoever, and before any execution of work or delivery, we reserve, pursuant to Article 1794 of the Belgian Civil Code, the right to demand payment compensation equal to 40% of the order amount in addition to the expenses that we have already made for the purpose of executing this order. If the termination occurs during the execution of the work, in addition to the recovery of costs incurred and the price of the work performed, an amount equal to at least 40% of the remaining price may also be demanded.
10. Competencies: In case of dispute between you and Doors & Motors, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and inexpensive method to solve it quickly. Prior to bringing legal proceedings, we strongly encourage you to contact us first at: email@example.com. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative procedures, such as mediation or arbitration. In case of dispute, the courts and Justices of the Peace in Brussels will be competent and will apply Belgian law.